Thursday, February 3, 2011

Looking Foreward

    My birthday is Fri. Feb. 4. I finally got my tickets to go to Jagerfest at Pop's. I have spent most of my last few days applying to understudy programs across the country and I still haven't finished. I will apply to 11 in total. There were a whole lot more, but the topic I need to cover was hard to find. I am going into genetic manipulation for pharmaceutical research.
    I think it's fun to say as well as study. If you don't know what that is, it means we take rats (usually) and alter their DNA so that they have specific diseases (that humans would have), then apply different drugs in different amounts and study the effects. The application process is very in depth and that is how I have spent most of my last two weeks. My efforts are not for nothing though. The programs usually give you free room and board then give you a $4000 stipend. The boost on your resume isn't too bad either.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's really interesting! What made you want to go into that field of work? Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was definitely thinking about going to Jagerfest too!I am crazy about All That Remains and Buckcherry. I think it's pretty amazing that you're going into something as life changing and important of genetic manipulation. I really wish you didn't have to use those poor little rats though. I've never been much for animal testing...

    ReplyDelete