Friday, April 1, 2011

Being Nice

Have you ever had some one ask you to do something for them, but you really don't want to do it just because of the type of person they are? I am in that position right now. I don't really want to get into details because it is very small. A push of a button that won't even put me out of my way. I think the real dilemma is that people aren't nice enough to others even though they don't like each other, which in turn causes a vicious cycle of hatred. Remember the "golden rule"? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. On one hand if I don't there will be no immediate consequences, but it will be in the back of my mind that I could have done something nice for someone and did not. On the other hand, I would be helping to increase the size of the pedastal this person puts themselves on and lowering the amount of respect that they have for others, further poisoning the culture that we live in. If I use "game theory" in my approach the probability is not likely to change enough to matter, it will lead me to not do the good deed, since even if I do the repercussions will not change. If I do not do the good deed I will have comprimized my own principals, since I would always rather do nice things for others and I believe in the golden rule.

3 comments:

  1. Right on, always do the right thing. If you help that person's "pedastal" problem and its the right thing to do, do it. What that person does is there problem and they face the consquences of the high and mighty syndrom. Do the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a good person anyway bro. just continue to do what is right! Doing one deed, or not doing it won't define who you are. it is the culmination of your life that defines you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep doing whats right. dont let people get you down because they are.

    ReplyDelete